Workshops Page

Friday, September 23, 2011

Hens Polka Dot High Tea (Part II)


Part II (see below for part I) of the party involves me raiding my mums doily stash, cutting them in half and sewing them to some binding to make this very pretty doily bunting. It's so easy to make and you can dye them all different colours too.


I got some tulle together and made these pom poms, so easy but makes such a pretty statement don't you think? (thanks Martha). Again, you have so many colours to choose from if you make these.


Next I visited my friend Kamilla Little from The Ministry of Home Economics to borrow some of her vintage linen collection. When I arrived she had kindly laid everything out for me so I could choose what I needed. I was in vintage linen heaven!


The goodie bags included; cocktail of the day recipe card, love heart lollipop cookie, teapot magnet & some tea party gift tags with ribbon. The bag itself was sewn from paper, backed with pellon with a drawstring ribbon, so it was also a little keepsake.


It's such an amazing feeling when you find a new something that allows you to create in so many different ways. You could spend hours and hours on it and still not get enough. The ideas for the hens day just kept coming and coming and honestly, I could have created and designed for this party forever.


As you can see, Simone was a very happy Hen and loved what I created for her special day. A special party for a very special girl I say.

In my many hours of gathering inspiration online, I noticed there may be a shortage of party design and printables for adults out there, it's all about the kids.

I'm seriously considering adding party design to my bag of tricks, what do you think?

(including Part I)
Pom Poms Striped - Martha Stewart Pom Poms (Spotlight)
Pom Poms Tulle - Faint Impressions with Martha Stewart tutorial
Goodie Bags - Bed Bath and Table
Tea Cups - Bride to be's collection
Chocolate Wrappers - Faint Impressions
Bride To Be Scrabble - Ministry of Home Economics
Retro Paper Straws - Occasion by Design
Food Labels / Flags / Menu - Faint Impressions
Straw Flags - Faint Impressions
Vintage Linen - Ministry of Home Economics
Paper & Doily Bunting - Faint Impressions
Frames - Ministry of Home Economics
Invitation - Faint Impressions

3 comments:

  1. Yes I do! And when you have got some gorgeous printables, please send them to me to stock at www.modernprintables.com. I've got wedding printables coming, but would love a bridal shower - how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph, for sure! Chat to you about this on Thursday night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think you should add party design to you bag of tricks. You certainly come up with things that are tasteful, fun, inspiring and very NOW !! Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me