Workshops Page

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hens Polka Dot High Tea - Part 1

So....I know I've been MIA for a couple of months, but it's all for a very good reason. I was planning my best friend Simone's Hens High Tea Party and helping her prepare for her wedding. The party was a surprise so I had to go undercover.


The madness began when I started looking at wedding blogs to get ideas for Simone's big day and hens day. I stumbled across Martha Stewart's Weddings Blog, it only took a few pages and that was it, I was hooked on party design and styling. Yup, just like that, hooked I tell you. 

(Front of invite, magnet attached to RSVP swing tag with actual red stripe string)

Over a few days I taught myself how to use Adobe Illustrator by using these fantastic online tutorials. I then spent the next week creating the invite.
I printed the front and back, cut both teapots out and then glued them together. I made the RSVP details like a tea bag tag and tied it to the invite with red stripe string and added a magnet to the back for the fridge. 

(Back of invite)

After the invite the next few weeks were spent trawling the gazillion gorgeous photos, tutorials, colour schemes and clever ideas, until I felt satisfied that I had seen EVERYTHING on Martha's blog.


I started collecting, designing and making the little this and thats I needed to make the day look stunning. Every spare moment I had was spent on my new addiction and I was loving every minute. The inspiration I had lacked in recent months was coming in thick and fast, I just couldn't get enough.


The plotting and planning continued but I shan't overdoes you just yet. 
More prettiness from the party coming very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me