Workshops Page

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How To Sew Leather Bag Straps

Winter is well and truly here in Sydney and I'm loving it. I love the feel of the crisp air on my face, whilst the rest of me is all rugged up in my new navy wool duffle coat and knitted snoodie.
It's actually known among my family that I have to ween myself off sleeping with the fan in spring, as I love being under the warm doona with the fan blowing on my face.


It's a new season so you know what that means right? It's your female right to get yourself a new bag. I've just finished the loveliest bag that is just perfect for cooler weather. It's made from burnt orange woolen felt, a gorgeous remnant I picked up about 3 years ago. The lining is vintage retro fabric from the 60's or 70's and some spiffy leather handles. I love love love the texture of this fabric; I hope you can see it in the photo.



 I'll be at the Paddington Markets this weekend and this furry friend will be there waiting for you should you pass by. Come and give her a pat, she loves to be stroked.



I've put together a little tutorial on how to make these leather straps. I hope it inspires you to give them a go if you've never sewn with leather before. You could also use faux leather if you like.

2 comments:

  1. Where can I find leather straps? I live in Montreal and I have not found them. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, do you have a leather shop near you where you can buy leather and make them from the tutorial? If not, email me what kind of strap you would like eg; 1 fat one, 2 thin ones etc and I can make some up for you and sell them through my online shop. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me