Workshops Page

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Surfer That Sews

This is Vincent everyone.....Vincent, this is everyone.
Vince is my good friend and Osteo, he's also a very keen surfer and has been surfing since he was a nippa (young kid for the non Aus out there).


Vince house sat for Cam and I when we went galavanting around America late last year. He said he was thinking of getting creative whilst we were away, so before we left I gave him a 5 min lesson on threading my sewing machine.

We came back three weeks later and he had designed and made two surf board covers! How awesome is that for a first time effort at sewing?


So...to encourage his creative spirit, I fixed up this Singer sewing machine I'd been given years ago. Vince came over to pick it up last week, see the pure joy on his face (a little smart ass). He had another lesson on how to use it and also tried out my overlocker (surger).

You never know who you will inspire to get creative, it sure is a nice feeling to know you played a part.
Who have you inspired lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me