Workshops Page

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Last Afternoon Tea


My friend Kamilla hosts the loveliest afternoon tea's. She goes to so much effort for her guests and loves to play the hostess. When I say hostess I mean like the 1950's hostess that waits on everyone and is in the kitchen the whole time preparing endless parcels of yummy goodness for her special people.


 Sadly (for us) she has recently sold her little apartment and so Sunday was our last afternoon tea in her lovely little home. The only good thing about this is that my hips will get a rest from the heart attack inducing sugar treats she forces me to eat when I'm there.


Kamilla's place is a vintage collectors dream. She has many trinkets, clothes, bags & hats that date back to the 1920's! She can tell you anything you wish to know about each piece, what era it's from, what it was used for....everything. Don't get me started on her furniture fetish.



Below is just a snippet of the treats we got to eat on Sunday. Along with meringue with fruit & cream, scones jam & cream, a variety of traditional sandwiches, salmon & soft cheese spirals placed cutely on a slice of cucumber, bread sticks wrapped with prosciutto and cream cheese, mini chicken & mushroom volauvents and white and milk chocolate fondue with fruit kebabs & scottish short bread ......are you full yet?
 

I thought this pic of Kamilla's wall would look good as a desktop picture. Feel free to copy it and use it as such. I have the flowers as my desktop picture, you can use that too if you like.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me