Workshops Page

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mandy Blue Garden Clutch

I've been getting into the blue stash of late and loving it.
A lot of the time my fabric placement just happens by accident, like the flowers grouped together on the left side, so preeeeeeetty.


I had originally planned to use the lining fabric as the main exterior fabric but thought the opposite looked best. Don't you think?


I had a spark of an idea to add these leather scallop side tabs just as I was finishing this Fortune Cookie. When I have a new idea I am so impatient and I need to test it out there and then.


So off to Lincraft I went to buy a paper cutter to try and cut pretty shapes out of the leather. No good, didn't work. Called leather shop to check tools they had, $78 for one tiny cutter, no thanks. So I ended up just cutting it all by hand and using my leather punch for the holes. Turned out pretty cool huh? 


P.s I'll be at Paddington Markets this Saturday from 10am-5pm. Blue Mandy Clutch will be available but the Fortune Cookie went red hot this week and has sold. More on the way though, so if you would like to place an order shoot me an email.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Sasha. You definitely made the right choice about interior/exterior fabrics. Love the finish on the leather ends too, looks very professional.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me