Workshops Page

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I really wanted to make some gifts from the kitchen this year and I actually got around to doing it.


Here is my first batch of relish from Dads recipe, which is pretty famous among our family. It tastes just like his so I'm pretty impressed with my first attempt. Such a great little gift and so full of my heart. 


I've been thinking about traditions at Christmas and how I don't really have any. When I was young my parents used to host a champagne breakfast from about 7:30am! People would pop in and out all day, eating food that had been marinated for days in preparation. 


I don't have the space for that, so I think I'm going to make a batch of relish every year. I also did my first ham last year and I'm the ham lady again this year, so that can be tradition #2.








These are my first attempt at ginger bread gift boxes. I've decorated them with white chocolate piping and lollies and filled them with chocies. They took a long time to make so I don't think they will make the tradition list.


What are your family traditions at Christmas?


Merry Christmas everyone. I have had an amazing year with Faint Impressions and thank you all for your support. I'm very much looking forward to sharing my new bags & workshops with you in the new year.


Ho Ho Ho!



2 comments:

  1. I was a very lucky recipient of not only the tomato relish (fantastic) but also a ginger bread chocolate box. What a talented person you are!!!!
    I am constantly amazed at your overwhelming talents!! I wonder what 2011 has in store for you?
    You deserve everything that comes your way!!!
    Happy New Year, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!

    Thank you very much for stopping by mine and checking things out, it's great to meet new people!

    I'm loving your work - I can't wait to see what you will be producing in 2011

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me