Workshops Page

Friday, August 13, 2010

Working For The Man Or Working For The Love

Now that I'm settled back into life in Sydney I've been thinking about my future and what I want to do with it. As I have bills to pay like everyone else, I have to get a job, as unfortunately Faint Impressions has not made me a wealthy woman......yet.

This is supposed to represent me...thinking....

The opportunity to work full-time in a creative space for the past six months in Melbourne, has made me realise just how important it is to be doing something you really enjoy for work. What is the point in spending your life in a job that gives you minimal satisfaction and makes you dread Monday mornings? One that takes away half of your weekend because come 2pm Sunday afternoon, all you think about it "urgh... back to work tomorrow".

I'm going to really put some thought into finding a job that gets me excited, challenges me creatively and keeps me interested.

I plan to do that by mixing it up with two jobs plus Faint Impressions. I would LOVE to get some work as a photographers assistant. I'm putting my photography resume together now and have put my name down at news magazines photography studio.
I'm not sure what job number two will be yet but I'll let you know as soon as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me