Workshops Page

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stitches & Craft Show (Melbourne)



My favourite craft event of the year, The Stitches & Craft Show, is on this week.
I've been to the one in Brisbane, Sydney and now this week I am going to experience the Melbourne one.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the set up for this year. It seems almost exactly the same as last year with no real effort to make it better than last year. Even the Show tote bag looks like it's going to be the same. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic bag for $12, but you have to think that a lot of people will be returning to the show from last year and they already have it, so why would they buy another one.

A great idea for the show would be to host a networking morning or afternoon tea; where creative business people like myself could meet. There could be website designers, logo people, accountants and business coaches. A whole range of people that could benefit from meeting each other.

Speaking of business coaches, my coach Vinh Van Lam & Stuart Horrex from Quantum Compass will be presenting at the show on a number of great topics. If you're thinking of starting your own creative business, you should definitely check them out.

Here is the downloadable schedule peeps.

I will let you know how it goes and any goodies I buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me