Workshops Page

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Perfect Macaroon

My macaroons for Pa's 90th

Cam's Pa had his 90th birthday party on Saturday. I made him some bright pink macaroons with blue filling to wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Every 90 year old deserves pink macaroons.

You may have seen my last attempt at making macaroons, not too bad but these were a definite improvement.

Like last time my first attempt was a flop, macaroons are not for the impatient domestic Goddess.
The desire to make the perfect macaroon was still burning inside me, so of course I did what any person seeking knowledge does and consulted Mr Google.

I googled "The perfect macaroon" and whadya know, someone had blogged about just that, including detailed photos and clear instructions.

So, back to the supermarket I trekked to get some more almond meal and eggs and returned, determined to conquer the mac.

Well the photo speaks for itself, they are pretty damn good if I do say so. They even have the little ledge around them.

Needless to say, Pa was very impressed.

Pa and the macaroons; they tasted sooooo yummy!

4 comments:

  1. That's the best coloured dessert I've seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! They look amazing. I bet they were a real hit. Cool photo too. Will have to try and make them for the kids! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! they look so beautiful and probably delicious!
    htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me